Travelling as a family can be incredibly rewarding. Although Africa isn’t the typical ‘package holiday’ destination, with careful planning your family can have an unforgettable experience together on the continent.
Here are some of the most memorable African experiences for families:
- Go for a treasure hunt on Table Mountain
- Race down Sossusvlei Dunes together – or go sandboarding!
- Learn to hunt by bow and arrow with a Masai Askari
- Adopt an elephant at the Sheldrick orphanage
- Take the wine tram and tractor ride in the Cape winelands
- Educate the kids about wildlife species with a checklist in Etosha Pan
- Breakfast with hippos on the Zambezi River
- Swim with penguins on Boulders Beach
- Run with wild horses in Aus
- Surf lessons in Muizenberg
- Play with meerkats in Makgadikgadi Pan
- A week of water sports in Mauritius
- Swimming on top of Victoria Falls at Devil’s Pool
- Ride a mokoro canoe together in the Okavango Delta
- Swim with dolphins in Mozambique
- Explore the spice farms of Zanzibar
- Search for wild desert adapted elephant in Damaraland
- Go whale watching in Hermanus
- Having tea with a Himba family in Namibia
- Dancing to a ‘Secret Sunset’ at a beach in Cape Town
Interested to know how these experiences can be woven together in an itinerary tailor made for your family? Please contact us to start planning!